PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 15:39
olioli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Some of the numeracy questions are VERY straightforward and take literally three or four seconds, others might take a little longer so don't panic if you spend more than a minute on the odd one. I had a few minutes spare to go back and look over my answers. It's not as hard as FTE, it's just basic number-crunching. I think they let people repeat it in any case.

A little tip is to immediately discount the answer which is obviously the odd one out AND cannot be right - it will jump out at you. You'll have fewer to choose from then and you may find that the answer becomes obvious before you've even reached the end of your calculation. In any case you have got quarter of an hour so if you get yourself to a point where you've done, say, seven questions in five minutes, you'll be sitting pretty with only eight questions to do in 10 minutes. You're doing these sums without a plane-load of passengers behind you so use it as a personal test to see how you cope with a little bit of stress. You are essentially testing yourself, you're just using their computers. Don't let the clock distract you - you have plenty of time and the pressure is all in your mind so you have to tell yourself that it's a simple game which is not asking much of you. The adrenaline will flow and you'll enjoy yourself - I promise.