PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Machrihanish
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 13:21
AR1

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Always wondered if a working Mac would have made a difference to the Chinook problem up there -they would certainly have been transiting through controlled airspace and that has to be a good thing in fog..

Did my 2.5 years. Excellent tour, generally good people, and you needed friends as you wouldn't dare hit the bars on your own.
Some epic flying from the lads practising for red flag. 17/31 Sqn, some epic buccaneering too.

Some absolute scandalous goings on in the marital dept. Chef crashed into the field behind my house. He does a runner, as he'd been drinking. RAFPOl come to clear it up, transpires he's been knocking a shift workers misses off, and his boot is full of food from the mess. Quickest posting out you ever saw.

I'm round at someones house, my misses goes to the loo, shortly after the chap goes out, his misses pounces on me. Door bursts open and my wife walks in having told be the amorous householder, not to go back downstairs as I was 'busy' .... to find me 'pinned down' with other wify intent on sampling the meat & two veg - - I learned about women from that. And I honestly never saw it coming.

Wouln't want to go back there though.