PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX/FTA Instructor Secondment
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 09:52
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sgsslok

Mate I do apologise if I came over as a bit harsh. That was never my intention. We all have to make decisions based on personal, financial etc reasons and I have no problems with the direction you have taken. One thing I have learnt though through this job is that you must look at it from the big picture point of view. Trying to micro manage your career will drive you insane. You must look at all the variables and do what is best for you at the time.

Having said all that and I may be wrong, (I haven’t read all the posts here), but I get the impression that some here, i.e. existing cadets and instructors may be very bitter because this wasn’t offered to them? While I do feel sorry for them the reality is that this scheme wasn’t on offer when they signed up. It’s really no different to someone who bought a car yesterday finding out today the same dealer is offering a thousand dollar discount plus a free tank of fuel. Would they be pissed off? You bet they would. Should they get the discount and free tank of fuel too? No. “Caveat emptor”, Let the buyer beware.