PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silverjet Second Officer Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2008, 23:33
Dreamshiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As always someone on here reads a post, jumps the gun and goes in both barrels smoking without looking at the thread title or relevance, just because they saw one little comment that pinched a particular nerve ending and the rest mist decended.

What I said wasn't a statement (however your little rant could be justified possibly - and only by IM if it were), it was a question, granted I omitted to use the '?' which I understand has been universally adapted by most of the planet (except the Spanish who insist on turning it upside down).

The question was asked due to a conversation I had with a recruitment consultant who confided that he was not putting any turboprob guys forward for heavy jet jobs (quite why I don't understand but as it was less competition for me I wasn't going to argue why to my own detriment). Therefore I was looking to see if anyone (from personal experience) could back up or quash the premise.

However I do appreciate the condescending and patronising tone of your reply and I'm sure there are a number of cruise pilots out there who find your comments about their job being akin to Microsoft generated frolics equally offensive.

You may want to remove that sizable chip from your shoulder before the draft from your turboprob blows it off. I suggest altering your little blue lever to 'full fine' as this helps ..... so I'm told, I have yet to get to the lesson from Martha King on FSX.

Evident you love flying the Q400/ATR as you moved to India to pursue it. However I defy any newly qualified pilot to turn down a cruise pilot job 'No no, I am waiting for a turboprop job as it will make me infinitessimally a better pilot'.

Sorry to everyone else who has subscribed to this post and who may read it from now on, I advocate keeping threads on topic and get annoyed when they stray. However Flyerguy 'properly' just got on my tits.

Also for any aspiring or newly qualified pilots out there, be aware you will encounter a few people like this who insist that either your ability or morals are lacking for not following a certain path. I suggest you take what you need from what they say and swtich to autopilot for the rest. However ensure that you don't bring out a paper, magazine, novel and/or warm beverage in the process otherwise they will get rather upset.