PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's so interesting about my house this week?
Old 24th Feb 2008, 18:18
SRENNAPS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mileandahalf

(and some others after his post)

I don’t need to elaborate; you only have to read quite a lot of the posts on this forum.

Groan, Groan, Groan........Slag, Slag, Slag......Moan, Moan, Moan....and definitely more Slag, Slag, Slag.

And before you start, this is not a personal dig at you and yes I have sometimes been guilty of the above (normally when a few Friday night beers have got the better of me).

However, every other thread on Military Aircrew seems to degenerate into a fight these days. Whether it is somebody asking a question or somebody who has posted a second thread on the same subject, there are many here that will attack them just for the sake of it.
It even degenerates into a slagging match when somebody starts a thread after an aircraft crash or worst still a thread of condolence. How sad is that.

The number of members that attack other members over there (sorry “their”) grammar is pathetic. The amount of personal insults, with the use of swear words cleverly disguised with the use of “&@$$K{£, is, in my opinion, totally unacceptable (especially by so called officers).

And it always amazes me the number of “Can’t you take a bit of banter” replies from people that probably would not understand banter if it hit them in the face.

Sadly a lot of the attitude here is perceived by others (particularly civilians) as being arrogant, negative, I have a big chip on my shoulder and finally “‘the world owes us a living' crap and the 'I can't believe the lack of respect I get' boll***s is self appreciating horse 5hit” .

Accept that, because the truth is (and the newspapers love it) that’s how it is with a lot of people here.

As for me being in the minority here, you may well be right. But then again this forum is full of members that joined around the 2005/6/7 mark, many of whom have been in the RAF 5 minutes. Some of you (not all) seem to think you truly are superior beings. Well rest assured you are not. There are plenty of people out there that work hard, show dedication to their cause and quite frankly are more than capable of doing your jobs (probably better) without the moaning and slagging.

That will do for another week or so.