PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's so interesting about my house this week?
Old 24th Feb 2008, 17:34
P-T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You get what you ask for

In all fairness Pandora, if you didn't want any sh!tty comments you should have phrased your questions/comments in a more "friendly" manner. I sympathize with you're predicament, as I also have a young child and other nuisances cause her to wake up, but you have to accept that these crew haven't gone "who can we p!ss off today then?". They are doing it because they have planned a route and there probably haven't been any official complaints.

So the best advice I can give is, call the complaints cell and get them to advise the crews of the issue. Or accept that once in a while a few Chinooks are going to come and repel the earth in your area.

Having been on the receiving end of many complaints I can honestly say that once there has been a valid complaint, the crews have done their best to avoid any further animosity (where possible).

You had a box and you opened it, you have to deal with the consequences when you come on to the military forum and criticize the military! I think it would be a very sad day if the military didn't speak out when they thought that they were being made the focus of an attack. If you think you didn't say anything out of order, then all you need to do is look at the amount, severity and tone of the replies from the military and civilian posters, then make a assessment.

Sorry to jump in with my 2p worth so late in, but this really my blood boiling. I'm happy now, I'll get off my box, maybe you should too, or instead of wingeing about it on PPRUNE, do what one of the first threads suggests. Do a proper job.

P.S. What's all this Nav abuse. I can take it from Military Pilots, but not from a civvie!