PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JPA and their appalling administrating
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2008, 16:12
ATCO Fred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reply for Lurking123

Point 1 - although I had cleared 5 months earlier the relevant dept/desk at PMA had not actioned my 'termination' so when i enquired about lack of lump some the reply was 'but you are still in!'

Quick phone call to relevant PMA dept and I was terminated on the spot - lump sum arrived 2 weeks later!

Point 2 - Pension payments timely. You only get statements when the payments change.

Positive:

Resettlement claim was easy to make and monies arrived (circa 2.5 grand) within 3 days. Plus, due to point 3 below - was never audited!

Negative aspects:

1 No P45 received and JPAC refuse to send another as they are not obliged to - apparently.

2 A succession of letters without postage - when collected (paying the postage and £1 for the privilege) they are pay statements (yes after I have left) for exactly £0. I've now stopped collecting them.

3 Not being able to 'load' a non service address into JPA for correspondence after termination. It either comes through your old work place or some department in the Southampton post code area that don't put farking stamps on them! See note 2 above!

4 Unfortunately my retirement coincided with (within 3 months ) JPA roll-out and I fell through so many nets it was unbelievable. Friends who left sometime afterwards were much better catered for.

Over a year later - grass is a different shade of green that is so much softer to walk on! And rather worryingly, after 20 years service not a single (no not one) twinge of regret or remorse.