PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilkAir MI 185
Thread: SilkAir MI 185
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2008, 11:21
malcolmyoung90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singapore Police

The Singapore Police concluded that he was solvent at the time. This is SINGAPORE police, remember, and they are part of Singapore Inc. Likewise, the CAAS, RSAF, SQ, MI etc etc.
On my rare encounters with the Singapore Police over fairly minor matters, I never had any problems with them. But point taken, there is a certain lack of tranparency on certain occasions, particularly with the big decisions (I am referring here to the endless amounts of civil suits launched against opposition party members in the past 20+ years).

When the TV NZ program on MI 185 went to air, the local manager of SQ in NZ made a complaint to the NZ Broadcasting Commission. This was made despite the fact that SQ had earlier declined an invitation to contribute to and be part of the production.
Was it made by TVNZ? I only saw the episode once, and just assumed that it was another epiosde of Air Crash Investigations, in which case it would have been made by Cineflix's Montreal office. But if it was made by TVNZ then it must have been called something else (never saw it on TV, just on one of the internet sites).