PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Transfer times in the US since 11th Sept
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2002, 21:14
big.al

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Transfer times in the US since 11th Sept

I am scheduled to transfer at Atlanta from a Delta transatlantic flight (from Manchester) to an internal Delta flight to Orlando (MCO) in April. Tickets have not yet been issued but the transfer time at ATL is only an hour and a half.

This isn't such a big problem outbound because there are plenty of DL flights from ATL to MCO, but on the return leg the time between landing at ATL and departing for MAN is just over an hour. If I miss the connection the next departure ATL-MAN is the same time on the following day.

Given the additional (I hope!) security measures in place since September, is this really sufficient? Does anyone know what the regulations are when transfering at ATL (with the same airline) - i.e. do we have to collect baggage and check-in again, or just identify our bags and go straight to departures, or are bags checked through? I doubt the latter will apply for security reasons but I'm concerned that there is little time to hunt the bags on the carousel and get checked in again.

Our travel agent tells us the airline will examine the transfers and adjust departure times accordingly, but has anyone had any experience of this they can share with me?

Regards,