PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Court Line
Thread: Court Line
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2008, 08:31
Court Ramp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luton Ramp

I was a 'Ramp 1' for one glorious year up to the end and would love to catch up with other OU people , names that stick in my mind are Malcolm Sutcliffe Ken Brooker and Kingsley Leighton all Ops and Pax services people.
Does anyone remember the Clarksons cruise where everything that could go wrong did. Late departure from LTN gales all over the Med a coach drivers strike in one port of call and various other disasters. My self and two other ground staff Heather Shoreland and Mervyn Berrill were sent out to Palermo to 'meet and greet' the returning pax and smooth the return trip.........I was in the Jump seat on the Pink Tristar.... On finals to Palermo the Capt told me that WX across all of UK was out due to fog and we would have to night stop . We went into the departure lounge and made an announcement to the waiting very pissed off pax that their ordeal was to continue . Coaches were arranged and the pax sent to a hotel . We returned to the A/C to collect as much gin as we could carry and went off with the crew to a much better hotel than the pax were in and started a party in the Captains room . I remember being in the hotel lift with all the cabincrew and two unknown British men who asked what we were doing , we told them a party was under way and would they care to join us which of course they did , they turned out to be two Conservative MP's on some junket to Italy . The rest of the night is a little hazy but I do reacall bedding going out of the window at some point ! Our return the next morning was subdued to say the least and the arrival at LTN was met by all the top brass from Head office and Clarksons. I just about made it down the steps and fell into the 'Ramp One' minivan to be driven home . I was just 21 and it was all such fun !