PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets seniority list
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 23:03
Impressive_Wingspan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, i honestly don't think you should be worried about joining Netjets. Like i said big brother has an awful lot of cash down the back of the sofa and it is very difficult to see Berkshire Hathaway walking away. Even if Holyman thinks the number of positioning flights are not going down, everyone who has been to a recurrent over the last 6 months will confirm the trend has been downward as have the number of sell off's. That is based on the information we have been presented with. Suggesting that VLJ's will compete with Netjets is just nonsense and significantly underestimates Netjets owners. These are some of the richest people in Europe and the heads of large companies and they know their stuff, and that will include aircraft!

I joined four and a half years ago and it was very different then, and things have improved steadily, but it's a marathon not a sprint. I think BK is not only likeable but seems to have a very good grasp on reality and the fractional business. I'm not management and kiss no-ones ass, UK based mid size captain and quite happy with the lifestyle.

Aircraft wise, alot of experienced guys seem to be going to the Hawker fleet which is understandable given the number on order. Varied flying, APU, fleet manger and assistants are good lads. How long you would be there for, 11 years i very much doubt, 6-7 years would be more like it.