PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporeair Captain recruitment
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 20:31
winglet_fever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that are interested on coming over to lion city, condos away from expat areas range from $2500 (1100 sq foot) to about $4000++ per month. Those in prime areas of the same size will set you back double or more.

A 3 year old toyota camry will set you back about 60k. Road tax and insurance should be about 2k per year.

After all, Singapore is only 650km square. East to west is only about 40km, north to south is about 30km. Much smaller than most average major city.

Cab fare from airport in the east to the most west end of the island will set you back about $25 in the day and 50% extra in the night. I personally cab almost everywhere and hardly spend more than 1.5k per month on transport.

Train fare range from about $1.20 to $3. East to west takes 45mins. North to south about 30mins. north east to south about 25min.

I guess it all depends on what kind of expectation you come with. If you are looking for lifestyle of that of a New yorker staying near times sq, the pay package here is not enough.

If your family can come to terms with living further away from town (gentle reminder of the 650sq km land area), spend your savings from the rental on car to make up. It might just about balance things up.

As for education, it is a tad on the expensive side.

Just my 5 cents.