PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it time to surrender?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 17:30
polskipusher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Know how you feel as nearly hung up my headset. I developed cash register eyes when training and it totally screwed me up as my silly mistakes were costing me a fortune. Flying Spam cans is burning expensive holes in the sky just to stay current. I too was on a budget and was running out of money fast. I then discovered Motor-gliders. Ok, they arn't fast or fashionable, but they are cheap to fly. I have a share in a SZ45, has two seats, 400lb cockpit load, cruises at 70-75kts and costs £25/hr plus £35/mth. I have had my licence four years and got over 350hrs in the logbook, been to Le Touquet and back in a day and also flown it to Cologne for a weekend. Would not have done that in the schools 150 or PA28. They are a duel purpose aeroplanes, you can play at being a glider or go places, plus if you have an engine failure it is not a problem as they are designed to land in fields! I do have a SSEP rating so do venture aloft in Cessna's etc, but prefer my "Big Winged Bird" as I can enjoy my hobby without destroying my wallet.