PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leave entitlement
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 16:12
suckerpuncher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leave entitlement

Calling all Ops bods

My employer is looking to alter our leave scheme, and I'm interested in what other Ops dep'ts work.

Basically, we work 12 hour shifts on a 4 on 4 off pattern, and so if we take a 4 day block of leave, we get 12 days free of duties (I've heard the days off portions called wraparound days??).

The management believes that this is too generous, and so are saying that you do not accrue the right to days off if you take leave. In other words, if you were to take a block of 4 day's leave, you are then to be rostered back on shift on what would have been your first rest day after your booked leave (in other words 8 days off instead of 12)

I've argued that this equates to a Mon - Fri worker who takes a week off being required to start work again on the Saturday imediately proceeding their 5 days off rather than the following Monday (with me so far??).

My understanding of leave has come from first hand experience in 3 other Airlines' Ops Dept's over the past XXX years, where "wraparound days" were the norm.

So, what is the general concensus about 4 on 4 off leave? What do your Ops Dep'ts Do?

Thanks

suckerpuncher