PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 14:11
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm no legal expert, so I don't know how one should proceed to make these people more accountable. I guess the problem is that it's unwise to start hurling direct accusations at them without some sort of legal back-up, otherwise it could get very messy indeed. But having said that, I would have thought there must be a PPruner out there somewhere who has the legal qualifications to do something? I've heard lots over the past year, some of it has been common knowledge and some of it has been said to me in confidence, but overall, I think the TVOC set-up is a joke and I'm convinced that some people are taking advantage of their positions in the group to do little but get money out of it - money that was supposed to go to the Vulcan.

I have no objections to people getting paid when they have to work on the project full time but as to how much they're paid and why? Well when it's public money being used, we have a right to know what is being spent and where. It wouldn't be so bad if we thought these people were doing a good job, but on the basis of everything that's happened (or not happened) since last October, I don't think they're doing a good job at all. That awful radio interview yesterday is a classic example. If that's the kind of thing that Pleming is getting paid (handsomely) for, then it's no wonder the project has been such a mess.

What exactly do all these people do? ; the Trustees, the Directors, the PR company etc.? It really is time that somebody with some good legal background took them to task and demanded that they stop using-up huge amounts of other people's money, without providing a very clear and current explanation of what is spent, where it goes, who gets paid what, and precisely what they're doing in exchange for the cash. That's not an unreasonable requirement. Simply expecting everyone to roll-over and let them do what they like, in secret, is just not acceptable when other people's money is being spent.