PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets seniority list
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 12:28
Smeagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
south coast.

You'd better sit down. Comfortable? Good. Can't have you fainting and falling over when you read this.

I agree with you.

There, it's out. I agree with pretty much everything in your last post. There should be a system that prevents someone who is not fit for purpose securing a cushy job on a nice aeroplane simply on the basis of their having been in the company long enough or having the right friends. No argument from me there.

BUT (you knew there would be a 'but' didn't you?). It is how that mechanism is employed. People who are open to criticism as a way of improving would welcome a transparent system that is regulated properly and used in a positive fashion and there's the rub. You said it yourself when you wrote "If this is done properly, and it is not abused and made political" (my bold).

Let's be honest, NJE's track record in the fields of transparency, internal politics and settling old scores is not a pretty one. DM himself put it quite succinctly one day when he was told that one of the department supervisors had gone to the gym during his lunch break. "What for? He gets enough exercise stabbing people in the back, jumping to conclusions and running people down". Like him or loathe him I laughed when I heard that and joke or not it hit the nail on the head.

Are things different? I would hope so. The recent change of DOO is a good sign that has removed one of the nastiest, most vindictive people in the company and replaced him with one of the most respected. You can only hope the new guy is strong enough to stay in character. There are still a few weasels there though who will not go quietly into the night. Some will not hesitate to use the vague clauses to play favourites. Get rid of them or clamp down on them and you're another step forward.

Better still, get that union organised. God knows it's been coming for long enough. If you don't have one by the time these new, poorer, sales figures kick in some of you will be very sorry. Ironically enough it will be those who joined last and are saying they don't want a union for fear of rocking the boat and spoiling their chances of LH seat on the large cabin fleets.

Which brings us neatly back to the subject in hand.

Holyman

CL300 management? Methinks not. I've been watching the bugger in here for some time now and though he's close to 'them' I doubt he's a desk driver.

Try someone else. How about gregwood? New member, one post to his name and wrote "i can hardly expect people to wait 11 years for a large fleet command". Notice the "I"? Slip of the keyboard? Unintentional giveaway? Wishful thinking or a red herring? That's the trouble with the internet, you just can't tell.

Last edited by Smeagel; 23rd Feb 2008 at 12:43.