PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 12:15
DJCCGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that the timing of the company initiating these PA's is a bit off, and I do have my personal opinion about them too, I see them in 2 different ways, both good and bad.

As for CS's refusing to read them out onboard, the company has advised that this is a new standard PA and is to be included on ALL flights. It is NOT at the discretion of the CS as to whether they feel like doing it or not. The company wants it done, so do it. If it's not working or you're recieving negative reactions to it, lodge the feedback the way you have been told to do so, so the company is aware and can review the PA's if required - much in the same way you would if you weren't happy with other procedures. I am not advocating the decision to introduce these PA's, I do believe however we need to go about it the right way.

...our pa's should be purely safety related.....
How then do you suggest we communicate with pax regarding onboard service info etc? We use PA's to introduce our onboard menu, Live2Air etc, products which contribute to revenue for the company.

...Anyway, I'm more upset about V Australia being based out of SYD! Hopefully there'll be BNE base opportunities further down the track!