PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VC10s in Nice
Thread: VC10s in Nice
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 10:15
Arty Fufkin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nav Attacking,

You don't seem very happy mate. I would like to think that you have genuine concerns about MOD expenditure and your post about HOTAC was driven by a desire to promote frugality in all we do. (But I guess you are looking forward to the arrival of the MRA4)

I cannot help thinking however, that your driving motivation is the sheer jealousy of seeing crews climb on a bus and head off to a hotel while you remain on the DOB. I have experienced the accommodation on the det and the accommodation downtown. I can assure you that the chances of being well rested prior to an 0200 report are vastly improved if crew rest has been taken in a quiet hotel room rather than a portakabin with a 90db Air Conditioner and all the associated noise of Seeb at pub closing time. Fact!!

That being the case, perhaps you would like to explain to me why flight safety should take a back seat to everybody sharing in your (and others) discomfort? I assume you would be willing to pitch a 12 by 12 and live in that as a mark of solidarity with those who can only dream of life in a portakabin.

I salute you sir, if you are not already one, I am sure you will make a fine senior officer.