PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets seniority list
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 07:16
south coast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smeag's

Surely the company must be allowed to refuse certain people who they deem unsuitable or not capable of being on certain types.

We are all capable of different things, and if my piers have reservations about my ability to fly a g5 or 7x, I would expect them to report that back to the company and to me, and the management to have the backbone and decency to put it in writing to me, as the new policy says will be done, 'I am not suitable for type x,y,z because.....'

At least I am then aware of why they consider me unsuitable, and I can contest it, can work towards improving those skills if they are indeed weak, and finally, I would rather have it in writing why they are refusing me a fleet change than to just bid and receive an anonymous no.

If this is done properly, and it is not abused and made political, then surely it is how it should be.

I suppose the bottom line comes back to whether the management is trusted as it is only people who can abuse the system, not a computer bidding software programme.