PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEL Rectification Interval expiry
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 04:45
mafibacon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MEL RI's

Just recieved the latest rev to the B767 (Rev5) CAA MEL Supplement and copied this from the Pre-Amble.
It should close the 'start/finish' question of an MEL item, and is as stated earlier.
The Note at the end shows the RIE extension conditions, i.e the operator must have an approved system in place to operate an RIE procedure.
`
`
""Rectification Interval" (Column 2) : Inoperative items or components, deferred in accordance with theMEL, must be rectified at or prior to the rectification intervals established by the following letter designators given in the "Rectification Interval" column (2) of the MMEL.
`
[I]Category A
No standard interval is specified, however, items in this category shall be rectified in accordance with the conditions stated in the Remarks column (5) of the MMEL.
Where a time period is specified it shall start at 00:01 on the calendar day following the day of discovery.
Category B
Items in this category shall be rectified within three (3) consecutive calendar days, excluding the day of discovery.
For example, if it was recorded at 10 am on January 26th, the three day interval would begin at midnight on the 26th and end at midnight on the 29th.
Category C

Items in this category shall be rectified within ten (10) consecutive calendar days, excluding the day of discovery. For example, if it was recorded at 10 am on January 26th, the 10 day interval would begin at midnight on the 26th and end at midnight on February 5th.
Category D
Items in this category shall be rectified within one hundred and twenty (120) consecutive calendar
days, excluding the day of discovery.
Note: The operator may permit, with Authority agreement, a one-off extension to the applicable rectification interval B, C or D for the same duration as that specified in the MMEL, in accordance with JAR MMEL/MEL.[
/I]Cheers
MB