PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's so interesting about my house this week?
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 23:35
Seldomfitforpurpose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pandora,

Apologies if I am wrong but your opening post whilst on the face of it a fairly innocuous question also included the following observations

"just as I was trying to get my baby to sleep"

"It hasn't upset my horses yet, though I do wear a fluorescent bib when I am with them as your lovely bosses at the MOD have told the British Horse Society that all horsey peeps need to do to get the Chinook chappies to avoid them is wear one"

"but by far the most irritating of the lot is this Chinook."

At first glance you appear to be asking a simple question but you rather needlessly included the 3 references above with regards to how the Chinook's noise was affecting your life which certainly had the sceptic in me raising my eyebrows.

You then follow this with a very eloquent put down for Grabbers where you tell him

"I fly with lots of ex-mil pilots who are generally lovely people, and whenever I have come across an ex-mil who has the uncanny knack of being able to pee people off without saying more than a sentence they invariably turn out to have been navigators who wanted to be Tornado pilots."

Followed with

"Eloquent words mightyr. Please let me never find myself in a cockpit for 10 hours with you when you have finished saving the world.

to shut mightyr up.

But you also tell us that

"L Peacock - if I was a naturist you'd all be flying in the other direction"

"Also it is upsetting my chickens - small problems I know, but Mr Pandora is not going to be pleased if I don't have enough eggs to make him currant buns tonight."

Now whilst it is conceivable that a self confessed Ge's bird who purports to be Barbara from the good life yet has enough knowledge of things military to know that Nav's are all frustrated Tornado pilots and have an innate ability to piss people off could exist I am sorry but I have do have my doubts.

My initial thoughts that there is more than a hint of Nimby now include a whiff of Walt.