PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD fury as Brown wields axe
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 21:31
chappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, no suprise but the no10 petition was refused but no worries. i have arranged something else but want your views on it first as it's you that's affected by it and it's you that i am trying to support.

i have been thinking about all that's been suggested and to say it's a mixed bag and my reactions to that have varied but i am back on line as it were. i guess it's fair to say i have been confused. the fact that there has been 15,000 viewers to this thread but only 153 comments has left me thinking could this be a reality?? then i realise what has been achieved with a handful of people and though it would be good to have the masses present, constraints make that more of a dream not necessary a reality. shame really. i really appreciate all views though.

this is what i am trying to say in petition, let me know if you agree.

we, the undersigned petition the government to put a stop to the planned cuts to the defence budgets and to supply proper funding to allow all our forces to be equipped according to the comittments made.
the ongoing cuts to an already struggling institutioncontinues to be a travesty that must be stopped. this is echoesd in the increasing number of recorded verdicts of unlawful killing in soliders deaths who have died due to the consistent failings to properly equip our troops. you request our armed forces to protect us and continue to serve queen and country then you must ensure more funds are available and serve your public.

tell me what you think before i register it, and is that to the point and of a theme enough?