PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilkAir MI 185
Thread: SilkAir MI 185
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 20:21
nick charles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had always wondered what the final analysis of this crash was. I recently saw the Air Crash Investigations episode that you were referring to. There was mention that the police investigated the pilot's apparent financial woes, but concluded that he was solvent at the time of the accident. So I thought what they had presented in this episode to be true and correct.
---------------------------------------------------------------
The Singapore Police concluded that he was solvent at the time. This is SINGAPORE police, remember, and they are part of Singapore Inc. Likewise, the CAAS, RSAF, SQ, MI etc etc.

The independent Price Waterhouse audit of the PIC's finances painted a vastly different picture, so much so that a genuine attempt was made to re-open the investigation under ICAO Annex 13 a few years ago. The Indonesian NTSC (with a new chairman) would have none of it, however.

When the CVR was played at the NTSB in Washington, it was realised with some considerable shock that the recording ended abruptly. When asked if that occurred often, the NTSB representative, who knew absolutely nothing of the PIC's financial or company problems, declared: "No, this does not happen often. This is bizarre. Now, we have to consider pilot suicide." As stated, this statement was made by someone who knew nothing of TWM's demotion or financial woes.

The PH case was one of political concern. PH changed their attorneys after the case and their new ones were preparing an aggressive appeal when politics intervened to appease a valuable Boeing customer - SQ. Never underestimate Singapore Inc aka Lyin' City.

When the TV NZ program on MI 185 went to air, the local manager of SQ in NZ made a complaint to the NZ Broadcasting Commission. This was made despite the fact that SQ had earlier declined an invitation to contribute to and be part of the production.

Why were we not surprised?