PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Profit
Thread: Qantas Profit
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 19:32
rudderless1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greedy ignorant shareholders!

Hotdog, whilst I sympathise with shareholders needing a return, that should not come from where it can't. Shareholders have a responsibility to pull management into line when needed. (ie ridiculous bonus's for poor management) Sadly its all about speculation not investment and we are ending up running a 1st class airline on a 3rd world budget for no other reason than greed and stupidity.

Good shareholders and management do not need or expect to leech the calcium from the bones nor the burn the muscle. They are clever enough to develop energy without siphoning the companies capital (in this case maintenance, skill, moral and training) to distribute as false short term gains.

What will you shares be worth when the Red tail is sticking out of the ground. Its coming to close to frequently now. Not much I suggest, oh thats right your a share holder you will just walk away, whinge you lost some money and still not understand why. I hope you will be on board with your mates. Sadly the staff will cope the brunt of this current stupidity.