PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's so interesting about my house this week?
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 17:14
Pandora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Master of None, many thanks for your reasoned reply. As you surmised;
I personally as a Chinook Pilot thought you were just asking a simple question rather than seeking to grind any particular axe.
I was indeed just wishing to see whether there was a reason rather than having a go.

You mentioned pheasant breeding, which would make sense as there are places very very close to me where that happens. It would sound as though this unique field you mention is indeed close to me. This answers my question.

Also thank you to the others who could see my point of view. Not all who ask questions are NIMBYs. My last home had a grass strip 200m from the end of the garden with all the hairdryer powered light aircraft they attract, I still marvel at the sight of the Red Arrows flying over, and love to watch local 'lazy Friday afternoon' pilots in their little Pitts and Zlins looping the loop nearby. Is it so unreasonable to wonder what is happening when a 14 ton woppa woppa seems to be peering in your window on a frequent basis?