PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's so interesting about my house this week?
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 15:11
Pontius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys,

Instead of just (a)trying to justify the reason for the helicopter being there in the first place or worse (b)accusing everybody who doesn't enjoy the sound of whirling wings trying to smash into each other of being a NIMBY, why not simply answer the entirely reasonable question? Is there an exercise going on? Is the weather limiting the normal playground? Has someone painted 'Piss off Biggles' on a local barn?

All of these might be valid reasons and would answer Pandora's question (which, I believe, was written in just about as light-hearted way as possible). Just slagging a fellow pilot off because they don't enjoy their normal peace being interrupted, not once but six times, does nothing to further the reputation of the respondents.

XXX

Pontius
Ex-military and FAR too good to have had to fly anything with rotors or navigator

Edited to add: Sorry Master Of None, your considered reply and my posting crossed in the ether.