PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye Macs. Sigh.......
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 14:44
hellsbrink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complaining to Apple maybe won't achieve much, Binos, but "going public" about the *cough* "service" will hurt them more.

I'm sure that there are nice newspaper people in Skippyland who will happily whine publically on your behalf, and that will hurt them more than you will be able to do yourself. You paid the equivalent of a leg, arm and vital part of your anatomy for something so you should expect it to work with no issues, just like all them poor sods who were buying Mercs a couple of years ago.

Oh, as far as the software that comes with a Mac, you'll probably find EVERYTHING you need for a PC for nowt. Personally, I been finding Open Source stuff works perfectly so there is no need to spend megabucks on things. And do you REALLY need a GUI that "looks pretty" yet only does the same as a basic "Windoze Classic" layout?

Sorry, Mac users, I think these things are way overpriced and I ain't been that impressed with the OS or anything else about them. Mind you, I still want an OS that works as simply as the old Miggy Workbench (2.x or above). I can dream but I doubt I'll ever see that again.....