PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's so interesting about my house this week?
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 14:26
Pandora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bigbluecar, thanks for the link, but I don't have a complaint, just what I think is a reasonably valid curiosity about what it is that is making my house worth a second, third, fourth, fifth AND sixth glance.

L Peacock - if I was a naturist you'd all be flying in the other direction.

And Grabbers, well done on taking less than half an hour to get the word NIMBY onto the thread. I don't have any problem at all with any aircraft flying over my house - it would be rather hypocritical after all. I just had a bit of a moment of frustration that for no understandable reason I am suddenly the owner of the most exciting 5 acres in Britain. Yes I did read my post, and I believe I asked in the nicest way I could if there was any particular reason, not that I did not wish for the military to be able to practice their low flying skills. I fly with lots of ex-mil pilots who are generally lovely people, and whenever I have come across an ex-mil who has the uncanny knack of being able to pee people off without saying more than a sentence they invariably turn out to have been navigators who wanted to be Tornado pilots. So tell me; are you a frustrated navigator? Now go and wind your neck in and continue to protect the right of the good people of this country to wonder what that helicopter is doing. Thank you.