PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's so interesting about my house this week?
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 13:52
Pandora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's so interesting about my house this week?

Hello Mil peeps! In particular all you lovely Chinook chaps and chapesses. Do any of you know exactly what it is about my house and the field behind it that warrants 2-5 low level overflights per day for the last week, and 6 low level orbits in 15 minutes today just as I was trying to get my baby to sleep? I know that you have to practice somewhere, but I would imagine that the same square mile could get a bit boring after a while. It makes my windows rattle. Also it is upsetting my chickens - small problems I know, but Mr Pandora is not going to be pleased if I don't have enough eggs to make him currant buns tonight. It hasn't upset my horses yet, though I do wear a fluorescent bib when I am with them as your lovely bosses at the MOD have told the British Horse Society that all horsey peeps need to do to get the Chinook chappies to avoid them is wear one. I think this smacks of MOD management passing the buck if you ask me, so they can blame the pilot next time a horse rider falls on their head because their horse didn't enjoy the low thrum of a Chinook 100ft over it's head, but what do I know?

I am not going to pinpoint exactly where I am, suffice to say it is somewhere in Berkshire, next door to a certain famous person's house. (We'll get the answer after the break!) We get lots of low flying traffic, not least Sky New helis, all trying to see what he is up to now, but by far the most irritating of the lot is this Chinook. The nearest military establishment at Greenham Common was closed down some time ago and it's runway dug up, so I am sure you are not aiming for there.