PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asiana Contracts - Stay Clear!
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2001, 17:13
A-V-8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Presently being *happily* married to a Korean woman, and although Caucasian myself, I do speak Korean and have a fairly good grip on Korean culture, I think 767 might be right on....

Too long to explain here, but CLR will never beat 2000 years of Confucianism. I think there are Korean pilots who are just as good as western pilots in a single seat cockpit, but I don't ever see the possibilities of and older Korean pilot working well with a younger Korean pilot in airline cockpit except on very rare individual pairings.

I think that that kind of CLR behaviour would be thought by Korean peoples as offensive and as disrespectful to the older/ordinate pilot. It would be also considered anti-social if seen by others.

From my experience Korean men are extremely proud..vain....almost narcissitic. Pride may go before the fall, but it can also kill a lot people in the back of the airplane....

Hanguk saram e Mian hamnida, kuritchi man igot Na nun sangat kaminida, chigum na nun arrouse tangshim anshim ops hada...

(Korean peoples I am sorry, but this is how my thinking goes...now I know peace you will do without....)

PS. After two marriages to American woman, I find I do prefer my Korean wife.....But after living with three Oriental women in my life I firmly state only a ignorant fool will believe Oriental women are submissive and obedient......