PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 08:19
Novas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

A quick google search has sent me over to this corner of the net, basically I’ve just been accepted to take part in stage 2 of the selection process for trainee ATC, and I’m trying to get my head round what to do next.

I have a couple of questions which I hope someone here will know the answers to, first off I’d like to apologise because I no doubt it’s been answered in this thread ten times already, I started reading through everything yesterday and got to about page 6 before I realised the posts were all 3years old!

1) Interview: Is this a case of dusting off a copy of “the 100 most common interview questions,” and planning an answer for every eventuality, or will the questions be something more specific/obscure than that?

2) Computer Tests – Is it just checking you can handle technology, or is it more horrible aptitude style tests as per stage 1, but on a computer? Can you revise for this section or not?

3) I skim read a lot of posts at the start of the thread suggesting people visit an ATC unit before the interview. Is this still a good idea/is it expected of me? And how would I go about it, is it a case of just grabbing the yellow pages and asking around till you find someone who can lend a hand?

4) What level of background knowledge should I aim to have? Of course I’ll look at what the job involves and the details surrounding it, but should I go away and learn things like aircraft type/specifications textbook style or is that not expected of me at this point?

Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: One last thing, whilst looking around online I've found no end of flashy books & software for sale, all of which claim to be a complete guide to the selection process, are any of these worth purchasing? Can anyone recommend any?

Last edited by Novas; 22nd Feb 2008 at 08:43.