PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OAT/NetJets Again
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 07:49
clanger32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gah!

Again...RTFP....I specifically said "Either way, if the integrated route is the way the original author wants to go" followed in my second post by "if the OAA (or Cabair, FTE, CTC) route is a given individuals preference for training, then the cost is high"

Neither of these statements say, either actually or implied, that the integrated route is the only way. What they imply, is that the original author was looking for information related to the partly mentored/sponsored, integrated course run by OAA in conjunction with Netjets. Hence, my comments relate to the fact that if you WANT to do an integrated course, then the costs are well documented and unfortunately high. However the specific question was related to the affordability of the repayments. Whilst no-one on the NJE scheme has finished yet, plenty of self sponsored have finished with £50k debt, further plenty of cadets of other airlines have with £60k debt. As far as I'm aware, the repayments are achievable, although undoubtedly tight.

As to integrated being a strategic mistake, possibly - but that re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-opens the integrated vs Mod debate and I'm not going there.