PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it time to surrender?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 07:42
mothflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What ever you do dont give up... personal experience is the pain gets worse the longer you dont fly, but there are ways and I found alot of different ways to get in the air for reduced costs in many different periods of my life so far, I too passed my PPL when I was young and was only earning a low wage at the time.

Get involved as much as you can with a flying 'club' more than school where the emphasis is on the social side, given a little time and elbow greese, helping out in your spare time (assuming you have some), the rewards are worth it. There always aeroplanes to ferry for maintenance or repositioning flights or favors to do for private owners in need of a second pair of hands! 9 times out of 10 your efforts result in time in the air.

Also try applying for all the sponsorships you can to 'further' your license. Air League, GAPAN etc etc, they all advertise and are worth a shot, nothing ventured sort of thing!

Please please please stick with it, you were blessed with the gift of flight and what an amazing gift....