PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dixon performs badly on lateline business..........
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 05:12
denabol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Management disconnect

QFinsider.

I joined a few weeks ago for the specific purpose of lurking and learning more about what pees people off in Qantas because I am a shareholder in it and a few other related industries and disconnect sums up my unease with them, good numbers notwithstanding.

When I started lurking this afternoon i saw a message from the administrator chiding me for not contributing. But I have bugger all to contribute, and patiently listening and sifting through the clutter is what I'm here for from time to time.

I heard the interview too and thought Dixon was on some sort of medication. He sounded vague and uncertain. I think he has subjugated the safety culture that once was Qantas to make the numbers crush the competitors here and abroad. My own thoughts are that he and his team will fail to crush anyone other than idiots like the Oz Jet or SkyWorldAir lot or whatever they are called, but risk loosing it all if they do not engage the skills that keep airlines safe. That said, I think they have done some pretty smart things too, but will come undone over the details. I have by the way met some real idiots as pilots, and some retired Qantas guys around here seem to think the career driven suck up to management and do anything to get a promotion type of pilot will probably end up being the one that scatters one over the landscape.

So the more I lurk the more alarmed I feel. You guys are ultimately going to see one or more Australian carriers torn to pieces by this end process of management driven erosion of the safety culture, and it will ruin lots of lives and careers.