PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF CC LH..Something's Burning
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 03:06
lovelondon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetsetter there is no problem with the AKL LAX route. Some Aust based crew are unhappy with a few things such as having to work with AKL crew or that our union has granted a dipensation to allow Qantas to operate the route using A330 aircraft which does not have horizontal crew rest only 4 curtained crew rest seats in the economy cabin in front of the toilets.

Normally our EBA has a provision for longer sectors that crew must be provided with a horizontal crew rest where you can actually lie down to sleep.The FAAA has granted a dipensation for this particular route and also SYD BOM .

Dont believe all the bad things people go on about with regards to AKL based crew .Like any large work force there are always a small percentage of employees who are somehow still employed and shouldnt be. Some are from AKL and I haved worked with others from SYD MEL as well.
Just because one former AKL flight attendant entertained Ralph Fiennes in the loo to BOM doesnt mean everyone from that base is bad.

I am not a fan of crew based offshore simply because it isnt fair that 2 people doing the same job can be paid such different amounts.But I am not about to bag my Kiwi colleagues and demand the AKL base be closed . Not thrilled about doing long sectors without horizontal rest either but I believe an airline should be allowed to use whatever aircraft it has available,on whatever route it wants.