PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD fury as Brown wields axe
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 21:49
minigundiplomat

Received 188 Likes on 72 Posts
Gents,

I often spend long periods of time in a place I don't want to be, doing things I don't want to to. I have reached the point where I no longer feel the RAF is moving in a coherent direction and will be leaving soon.

I understand the outrage, anguish and utter despair at what this government is doing to the the last fragment of British society still in some semblence of working order, but I feel some of the ideas floated on here run the risk of politicizing the Armed Forces.

My Great grandfather was torpedo'd off Southern Ireland by a U Boat, rescued and torpedo'd agin. He didn't come home.

My grandfather landed on the Normandy beaches on 06 June 1944, having spent several months previously fighting in North Africa. Neither would have dreamed of marching through London.

Times have moved on, but the current fiasco is no worse than the one during the 1930's of which Winston Churchill repaeatedly warned parliament.

Things are badly wrong with the Armed Forces, but the leadership sees fit to stick it's head in the sand, and worry about JPA and fitness strategies. Are you going to turn your back on MOD MB? They are equally complicit.

I am not saying you are wrong, but I myself could not reconcile that with the memory of my grandparents endeavours and sacrifices.

I wish you good luck, but think very carefully about the path you are about to tread.