PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it time to surrender?
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 18:57
TotalBeginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Is it time to surrender?

I've been thinking a lot about the future and it seems I've come to a bit of a crossroads. I'm 26 years old and have been living with my parents. I'm working on the ground for one of the handling agents, which is not particularly well paid and along with being single, staying at home has seemed like an easy option.

Gaining my pilot's license is all I've ever wanted to do, and I'll never forget the feeling of Euphoria when I shut down the engine and the examiner told me that I'd passed my GFT! Since obtaining my license I've put every penny of spare cash into remaining current and enjoying my (expensive) hobby.

But, I'm worried about the future. My parents split up at the beginning of the year and there's some uncertainty about the security of the house. I think this is my warning sign that it's time to tighten the purse strings because I'll soon be out on my own. I'm a realist, and I'm trying to think of ways around this problem. But, I think it's time to face the reality that all good things come to an end and it's now time to adios the yoke and throttle .

It feels as though I'll be like a "starved dog" if I can't fly, but maybe I'm just overreacting? Will the desire fade away if I focus my interests on something else?