PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 14:23
Woofrey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radeng - There are some shortcomings to the scheme in my view, such as the weighting and amount payable being about the same for long security queues as it is for stand availability, airbridges and pier service.

The other issues are that there is a maximum annual amount at risk, and the number of times the operator can fail is also capped, i.e. if the maximum amount payable for failing to provide a certain standard on a particular measure is reached in 7 months, then failure to reach the standard on any of the remaining 5 months incurs no financial penalty whatsoever, so not much of an incentive there ! ( only reputational and that seems not to bother too many people, and is shot anyway ! ).

The other point is that there are specific times in the day when the service standards apply, these tend to be the peak times, and according to the CAA document I have (May 2003) covering the current 5 year period ending March 2008, for T4 this would be "security waiting time to be less than 10 minutes on at least 95% of occasions checked" and the "core time periods over which performance shall be measured are 09:00 - 11:00 and 19:00 - 21:00".

You're all clever enough to draw some conclusions from that.......