PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA038 (B777) Thread
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 09:57
Martin2116

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Further, I note now, having missed the text before, that the AAIB Special Bulletin 1/2008 concludes with:
"In addition, comprehensive examination and analysis is to be conducted on the entire aircraft and engine fuel system; including the modelling of fuel flows taking account of the environmental and aerodynamic effects.""

It seems to me this is the most likely way the AAIB will uncover the cause.

I dont know how much data they have recovered from the flight recorders, but must be enough for some detailed modeling. If the fuel flow is the common mode failure, it was asynchronous by 7 seconds between the engines. Is it not possible the initial response to a demand for thrust was using the fuel in the pipework and any other volumes after the restriction blockage.

So if we know the diameter of the pipework, the speed of the engines, caculated quantity of fuel used in the 3 seconds one engine and 7 seconds the other, cant one calculate the distance back along the fuel lines when the fuel stopped coming? Is there an offcentre pump, tank, point or junction that fits the data?

Just an idea