PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA - You Can Stick Your Online ASIC Application Up Your ***
Old 21st Feb 2008, 06:35
Hasselhof

Open source is your friend

CASA really seem to be off their mark.... surely they could have strung you out for longer. Their heart just doesn't seem to be in it these days

Anyway, here's a couple of open source tools that will help with the tech side of things.

PDFCreator is a great little free program like PrimoPDF. I tend to save all web pages / forms that I need to keep as PDF's in a folder on the computer rather than printing them out and losing them in my *ahem* filing system. If your printer goes tits up then just save the appropriate file to a USB stick and print it elsewhere.

User Agent Switcher is an add on for Firefox that will allow your computer to pretend its using the current version of Internet Explorer and bypass some of those websites that claim they're incompatible with the far superior product Firefox happens to be. (Also try Safari as an alternative to Firefox. Its still got some bugs on windows but is much less of a RAM hog and I reckon renders pages faster). The only problem with User Agent Switcher is if the website designer is so retarded that they depend on Active X controls in which case your f@$cked. This doesn't happen much anymore and if I come across a website like that on my Mac then I just take my business elsewhere.

Ubuntu is what Windows should be If you cut Microsoft out of the equation then you can focus all your stress in exactly the right direction. On CASA.

Good luck