PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 21st Feb 2008, 06:13
BA FAIR MANAGER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crapweasel !

has anyone else typed a length response in here and hit send, only to find it vanished ??

Oh well, an abridged version...

Overstessed - I agree, the bus situation IS lousy as is the BAA's inability to resource the security Control Posts at key times.

Worked an additional shift in T4 yesterday (No thankyou cards expected) only to get home and find our PR people have still not managed to get the puiblic to distinguish the difference between THE BAA and BA.. damn annoying.

Back to the issue in hand... Costs - By having a common senioritry list between O.S and Mainline, there is the potential to introduce the relative high cost base associated with Bidline into a model that requires everything to be bought in from LIDL (Slightly flippant, but i'm sure you know what I mean). High cost base = model that will not work = No O.S outfit = Lost opportunity that will no doubt be emulated by a competitor..

"Driving a wedge between us" Hmmm genuinely not convinced on that one as there have been previous examples of BA start ups that have not demonstrated this. I don't believe our GSS crews feel they are penalised or ostracised for seconding themselves..? However, I dont believe we would have a current C744 bidding for C757 unless they are planning to make JFK / CDG etc.. home.. Nah, the bottom line is for the O.S business to succeed is to keep costs down. Secondment will protect mainline seniority and does not penalise people from the usual positing / award process. New entrants to O.S would and should not have the same arrangement is my view. I'm sure their "Management" payscales will be commensurate as will all the other roles, I see no reason why crew should be different..

Phew ! and this is an abridged version !

Look - Unlikley to squeeze any reposnses in to your responses before the ballot result. I just hope this gets resolved sensibly.

Safe flying always