PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 21st Feb 2008, 05:54
BA FAIR MANAGER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instead we are forced to wait for transport for up to an hour at the end of a long duty day/night.

Overstress - I totally agree with your position w.r.t the lousy transportation situation, just another one of our rubblish SLA's that we seem to allow to continue, much the same as the lousy resourcing the BAA have of the Control Posts around the place !

With the problems we had at T4 yesterday, I droppped my work and went over to assist in the chaos. [No thankyou letters will ensue, it is an expectation. Under the circumstances, I'm not lookng for one either]. It's annoying and frustration to then get home having done in effect to consecutuve shifts, to find our PR dept has done little to help the public distinguish between THE BAA and BA !!

I have digressed somewhat, back to the point in hand...I'm still not clear from BOTH sides of this debate as to what the percieved benefits and issues are w.r.t retaining the existing seniority number system in an outfit like O.S ?? One item I am aware of, is that if we considered O.S as a subset of Mainline, our crew would have complete flexability to move freely between postings, whilst retaining, or indeed climbing up the payscales. It has been made clear that the model that enables O.S to exist is that everthing needs to be bought in from LIDL (OK, slightly fippant, but I believe people know what I mean here..). If there was this type of freedom, could this drive up the unite cost per pilot in the O.S model ?? I guess on the flipside of this, is a top of payscale C744 going to bid for a C757 posting ..?? Me thinks not...
I know I will be at risk of being told of for not reading the previous 30 odd pages here, but if there has been an offer of Secondment for Mainline crew whilst retaining seniority, what is the problem ? This protects your position to rejoin Mainline and protects your future postings/awards (Been doing a bit of homework - Impressed ?? ).
I'm guessing I will not have time to follow up again on this topic before we know the ballot result, so thanks in anticipation of some responses and despite the cynics, I DO hope this issue is resolved for the benefit of us all. Safe flying always