PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTASLINK Crewing Crisis!
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 00:43
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tend to agree with some in here saying that the HSC shouldn't be a prerequisite. Afterall the more mature guys floating around these days without HSC have had/got oodles of experience flying the same gen public around as those that have HSC, being able to spell doesn't help you when the spam hits the fan! Having to go back to learn the req HSC subjects to get into say QL wouldn't make a scrap of difference to the end result anyway I feel, that being to fly! Besides not all employers req it, so where's the reason behind it?
Had a chuckle at that one 'bulla', the bigger the plane, the bigger the instruction book ! I don't think 'flyitboy' was saying that to offend anybody probably more like the fact that why need HSC to fly anything, never lone a twin turbo prop at slow speeds which is what QL have to play with.
Anyway I guess if someone wanted to join those that required the outdated bits of paper they would do simply as others have said here, go do a bridging course, just to please the rule makers.

"XXGOLDXX"...know exactly where yr comin' from, same here! Not having HSC hasn't stopped me from flying fast jets.

CW