PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help! Nervous Flyer Here :)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 00:06
Fraudsquad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are verious organic ways to reduce the stress of flying, some internet research should prove useful. I would have given details from a book I once had but a nervous friend who I lent it to before her trip managed to lose it. I only bought the book to help my friends in the first place...

Back in 1990 when the Gulf war was looming I travelled from London to Cyprus for Christmas holidays I was a little nervous and from somewhere in my mind I picked a thought of an Airbus aircraft being hijacked and taken to Larnaca (my destination). I thought, this could happen to me. Did it? No. Has it happened to millions of other travellers since that occurance? No.

The point is something bad could happen to any flight in the sky. Worrying about the possibility will at best make you consider which is the safest airline and at worst prevent you from travelling. Kimmjj, I think BA is one of the world's most safety/security conscious operators with the facilities available.

Be thankful that aircraft exist that can take us to the other side of the world in a day. Relax and enjoy the journey and remember it so that you can tell your baby the story about Sept 11th 2001 and how his/her fear-ridden Mother overcame the fear to travel to the UK.

Your ever thoughtful, no longer fearful.
FS

[ 02 October 2001: Message edited by: Fraudsquad ]