PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Pilot Shortage
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 22:51
Jox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricknorman - You believe that then carry on but me..................... not this year if ever. Rock on !

The industry changes constantly, European aviation has proved that low hour pilots can do a good job, serve their apprenticeship and go on to be as professional as any in the FAA land that need significantly more hours to get their first start.

The system has its failings, most accept that you choose the licence most suited to you, either JAA or FAA and run with it, some convert at great expense and will just as likely do as well.

I would rather believe that those around me have the same minimums, commitment and have been certified as competent by the same people that passed everyone else working rather than introduce a two tier system not based on anything I have any faith in.

There are plenty of people in Europe desperate for their first start in the industry that have attained the requirements to hold a frozen ATPL, I hope they secure their first job soon; I trust the system and would have no hesitation in flying with them.

Much as though plenty will now most likely have a go, if it isn’t broke, leave her alone.