PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD fury as Brown wields axe
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 19:25
nav attacking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Military Unions

This is the closest anything comes to being a military union and whilst I don't agree with the politics behind most unions, being far right of Ghengis Khan myself, I do agree with the principle of them. They are the ONLY unified voice that we have at the moment. How many people have contributed to this thread and how many members do the UKNDA have? We all support the same ideal, lets not have dispute amongst the ranks already and keep the common aim in view! (Sorry to slip into management speak there, never know one day I may get promoted!)

Most civvies would pay at least £5 per month to be part of one. With annual membership of only £12 it is a bargain. Albeit they are a fledgling organisation with out any teeth yet and I am not sure how far they would go to support you in any dispute with the MOD.

To quote the website:

Ten Commandments for the UKNDA:

1. Maintain the AIM. A tried and tested military maxim meaning that, in all that you do, never forget what is your main aim – what it is you seek to achieve. For the UKNDA our purpose is:
To campaign for sufficient appropriate and fully funded Armed Forces that the Nation needs to defend effectively this country, its people, their security and
vital interests wherever they may be.

2. Work as a Team. Working together is far more effective than individuals working alone.

3. The Task, the Team, the Individual. This is the ideal arrangement. Always remember the task in hand. Work together – but remember always that the Individual is important.

4. Co-operate. No inter-service squabbling – it is entirely counter productive.

5. Be Positive. Onwards and upwards.

6. Be Inventive. Observe the masses and do the opposite.

7. Be Pro-active. Seize the initiative. Don’t wait for things to happen – MAKE them happen.

8. Be Persistent. When bashing your head against a seemingly unbreakable brick wall, persevere. At least you’ll loosen a few bricks, and, with perseverance, the wall will fall down (though you may acquire a headache on the way). (With apologies to the late Admiral of the Fleet Viscount Cunningham of Hyndhope – then better known as “ABC” whose saying I have plagiarised)

9. LISTEN to others – take wise counsel.

And finally – and above all – as Sir Winston Churchill said when asked what was the secret of success:

10. “NEVER GIVE UP!”

John Muxworthy

Cdr, RN CEO UKNDA Ltd
It is still a bargain though, lets face it we aren't poor people...

Last edited by nav attacking; 20th Feb 2008 at 19:33. Reason: Extra Info