PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots to ballot for strike over OpenSkies
Old 20th Feb 2008, 18:33
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Glad you work for a good "co" Swedish S, must be one of the few..

"overstress" has mentioned the on-going saga/running sore of buses...to me this one issue highlights BA managers complete inability and unwillingness to accept they are managing people, not machines. Most of us ( and I include our Cabin crew Colleagues here) have probablty spent the equivalent of days, if not weeks, over the last few years, stood in cold damp stairwells undr T4 waiting for a bus back from our inbound flight at LHR to the Car Park. I know of one crew last week who ended up doing a 14+ hour night on an Eastern Seaboard LHR flight and then had to wait a further hour + for a bus from the aircraft side....IMHO this shows a complete lack of respect for the workforce, is not acceptable in civilised society in this day and age, and goes some small way to explaining the hardening of the anti-management stance on the shop floor....

Until BA managers actually confront the reality that they are managing people, and learn to listen to, act on their concerns and needs, the strife at BA will continue, well beyond the present spat with BALPA. Sadly I doubt many, if any, of the present managers at BA, up to and including Board Level, are capable of learning any such lesson.

Rant off, waiting for the result in the AM