PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD fury as Brown wields axe
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 15:26
LBGR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WHAT DOES THE UKNDA PROPOSE?
We urge politicians of all parties and persuasions to support an immediate and sustained real increase in the percentage of GDP allocated annually for ”Defence and the Armed Forces” to at least 3%; this would represent an increase of 35-40% over present levels of funding.

Whats next, a strongly worded letter? Admittedly, I have only had a quick look through the site, but all I can see is a list of the RAF's qualities and importance in the world signed by a list of high ranking ex-brass. I tried my best to find a 'Here's what we achieved so far' section, but unfortunately it was to no avail.

Respect where respect is due to the chaps who have set this is up as I'm sure it plays an important political role and they have spoken out for something the feel passionately about, but I still feel they are not addressing the problems outlined in this thread.

And their statement above reminds me of some of the management bull talk that, it has been suggested here, may be the cause of many of the problems.