PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MoD fury as Brown wields axe
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 14:58
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
fawkes wrote:

Please can I urge you to get in touch with the UKNDA whose professed aim is
the non political highlighting of the pressing need for proper resources to be put into the Defence of the Realm. They have a committee structure and existing dialogue with Government and the MoD, together with media savvy and a sufficient standing to be able to unite veterans, families, industry, and serving personnel under the one banner
Sounds cushtie, but the input of their "RAF Advisor" at:
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=307123
left me underwhelmed I'm afraid. Of course one swallow etc etc, but as I understand it UKNDA sees itself as a pro MOD lobby to oppose and/or restore defence cuts. The title of this thread is "MOD fury as Brown wields axe", but the mood of the thread seems to be one of fury at the MOD as much as at Brown. As has been said we need a clear aim for the campaign, and one along the lines of the supposed UKNDA philosophy above would fit neatly. Too neatly perhaps, for stuffing more money into the maw of the MOD beast would do little to help the Armed Forces IMHO, but "Reform the MOD and restore the cuts" neither trips off the tongue nor would be easily understood. A dilemma, or am I missing the big picture?