PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approach ban
Thread: Approach ban
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 13:56
NoJoke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Visual"

DFC. I am sure you are not doubting me with your 'If' but I assure you the Vis was at between 8 - 10 km. The trouble is that one important part of the and/or gate was missing.

If you were visual and had the appropriate in flight conditions for making a visual approach and the reported Visibility / RVR at the runway was suficient for a visual approach and ATC cleared you for a visual approach...........then I can't see a problem. (PS like the joke 'can't see a problem')

I am interested in your quote of 800 m for a visual approach - where did you find that please?

Our Pt A states:
A visual approach takes place when either part or all of an instrument approach procedure is not completed and approach is executed by visual reference to the terrain.
Visual approaches are not permitted unless Air Traffic Control (ATC) authorisation is received, and the reported weather conditions at the aerodrome is as follows:
– If circling minima is published, then the cloud ceiling must be at least the MDH specified under "CIRCLE-TO-LAND" or 1500 ft whichever is greater and reported visibility of at least 5 km.

So apart from the 'reported' aspect all was well.